Greensburg Rotary Club President Jeff Emsweller (far left), soil specialist Marty Miller, Greensburg Rotary Club member and Main Street Greensburg Executive Director Bryan Robbins, and Agape Center President Oris Reece recently discussed gardening tips at the Greensburg-Decatur County Chamber of Commerce office. The four are working to bring a community garden to the Tree City.
Community garden hoping to sow seeds of self-sufficiency
Oris Reece believes in the old adage that “teaching a man to fish” is a far better option than simply giving him (or her) one.
- Overturned anhydrous tank diverts traffic
- Historical Society to host ice cream social Saturday
- Mayor proclaims EMS appreciation week in Decatur County
- EMA director talks changes in wake of tornado anniversary
- Community garden hoping to sow seeds of self-sufficiency
Twitter introduces website security tool after AP account hacked
Twitter is adding a new security tool to its website, making it harder for outsiders to gain access to accounts, a month after a false posting triggered a stock-market decline.
May 23, 2013 1 Photo
- Siblings withstand storm in fridge
- Mom delivered baby as tornado struck
- Twitter introduces website security tool after AP account hacked
Another memoir to read this summer
Recently, I had recommended that you read Rod Dreher’s bestseller “The Little Way of Ruthie Leming”, but who could predict I would soon pick up a copy of Christopher Buckley’s “Losing Mum and Pup: A Memoir”?
- Lillie M. Kelly, 69
- Casey Lee Crowell, 42
- A. Rebecca Ammerman, 88
- Bert L. Martin, 90
- Another memoir to read this summer
Greensburg senior Channon Brown makes a catch in left field Wednesday night.
Lady Pirates finish in semifinal
Rushville traveled to Decatur County and gave the Greensburg varsity softball team its best shot in the Greensburg Sectional 29 semifinal Wednesday night.
- Lady Chargers bumped in extra innings
- Six local girls bow out in Shelbyville
- Softball teams advance to semifinals
- Decatur County sports digest announcements for May 22
- Lady Pirates finish in semifinal
Anna Burkhart and her aunt, Jenny Burkhart, both sat for a haircut at Magic Act Salon and Day Spa Saturday afternoon. Both Decatur County residents elected to donate several inches of their hair to Locks of Love, a non-profit organization that fashions hairpieces for children suffering long-term hair loss.
North Decatur Elementary student, aunt donate to Locks of Love.
Nine-year-old Anna Burkhart has spent the last year growing out her hair for a very special purpose.
- Skybird residents give boost to Meals on Wheels
- Local survivors re-join the battle against breast cancer
- Senior Stars: Norma Coleman
- Stars of stage and screen showcase Spring Chautauqua
- North Decatur Elementary student, aunt donate to Locks of Love.